After 10 years, support for Windows 7 is coming to an end on 14 January 2020. We know change can be difficult, so we are here to help you with recommendations for what to do next and to answer questions about end of life support.
What does this mean for my business?
When Windows 7 reaches end of support on 14 January 2020, your users’ computers will still function but Microsoft will no longer provide the following:
- Technical support for any issues
- Software updates
- Security updates or fixes
While you could continue to use your PC running Windows 7, without continued software and security updates, it will be at greater risk for viruses and malware – given the current state of affairs with ransomware attacks and other cyber threats, this is obviously not a risk worth taking.
What can we do to prepare?
Whether you need to move existing business applications to the latest Windows-based
operating system or move applications formally used on your local network to a new
private or public cloud hosted platform, PAV can help. We take a consultative approach to identifying any potential compatibility issues with your potential migration choice, whilst offering advice on
how best to approach each application migration.
We can also help to package your Windows-based desktop applications, enabling you to rapidly deploy off-the-shelf and in-house software with the necessary bespoke configurations. This includes any necessary application and feature updates, software deployment variables and other custom settings relevant to your business’ environment.
How can we help?
PAV has over 3 decades of experience in the packaging and virtualising of applications with several thousand packages created for customers in a wide range of industries.
We specialise in working with customers to help complete successful application – based projects by delivering a suite of services that will:
- Provide detailed intelligence of usage, versioning and resource utilisation
- Identify candidates for consolidation and rationalisation
- Report on potential compatibility to enable transition to new platforms
- Deliver professionally packaged applications to a consistent, high quality standard
- Provide detailed documentation against each package according to agreed standards
- Assist and enable application package delivery to an organisation’s estate
- Support customers with on-going plans for BAU work packages
- Utilise a 100% UK based team
Speak to one of our friendly team today to find out more.