Modern Workspaces – bringing ‘digital’ to life for UK businesses
What does “digital” do for your business, and what more could it be doing? The team here at PAV have spoken with our customers and our technology partners to understand the main drivers in modern business, with the goal of de-mystifying the digital revolution and putting it into real-life practice for British businesses – and, specifically, IT departments.
As part of our work, we’ve put together a series of blogs and resources to explain more, and we’re always at the end of the phone (01273 834 000) if you’d like to discuss more or let us know about your IT goals and/or pain points. You can also follow our #UKModernWorkspaces tweets for updates.
Digital transformation, digitisation, remote office, virtual working – you’ve heard all the descriptions, catch phrases, and likely many more and everything in between! But when the buzzwords are laid bare, the commonalities between the best and most successful businesses of the present day are that they are modern in thinking, execution, and most importantly of all – elite delivery of goods or services to their customers.
Don’t be left behind
Given these efficiency gains that can be made by embracing the best digital technologies and practices, failure to adopt them in an effective manner risks falling behind your competitors if a sub-optimal customer experience is the outcome as a result.
For us, an effective modern workspace should centre around 3 core principles:
- Customer engagement and experience – having the elasticity to respond to your customers’ needs, marketing your business and brand in an effective manner, and driving revenue with effective processes and data mining.
- Optimal operations – streamlining your organisation with lower IT downtime, effective and harmonious tools across departments and divisions, and lower maintenance and resource costs.
- Product transformation – depending on your type of business, the ability to shorten product development, beat your competitors to market, and create compelling, cutting edge designs.
Read more in our blog – ‘What does digital do for your business, and what more could it be doing?’
Where do you start?
Given all this opportunity and certain element of risk, PAV have developed, through collaboration with our customers and our expert team, a series of real-world solutions designed to help businesses in the UK to digitise, differentiate and excel.
And to help you navigate the minefield of solutions there is out there, we’ve wrapped them up into a concept called Modern Workspaces in order to simplify the core, crucial elements involved in creating a slick and competitive modern working environment. In doing so, we’ve put together some of the best-in-class solutions from the industry, skilled our team to be experts in helping you choose, deploy and utilise them, and provided services to make your transition as seamless as possible. In short, we feel the services boil down to these 5 core areas:
- The tools for optimised processes
- Seamless employee productivity and collaboration facilities
- Cost savings compared to legacy platforms
- Fit-for-purpose security measures
- And ultimately – the best in class experience for your customers.
The resources on this page will help you better understand the needs, pain points and solutions, and learn how our partner solutions and PAV’s services can help your business go forwards.
Where and how people work is changing. But with that comes the need for new tools that facilitate teamwork, collaboration and sharing – all in an efficient and secure manner.
Microsoft’s feature-rich Office 365 suite of tools is a great starting point for businesses looking to modernise – but because of the scale of Microsoft, it can also be a little daunting to work out where to begin!
We explore more in our blog, but in short, the Microsoft Office 365 suite enables businesses to:
- Share and edit documents using OneDrive for Business
- Sucess email and calendars with Outlook, even while offline to maximise productivity
- Provide a teamwork hub in Teams where the team can chat, hold meetings, and share files and apps
- Host meetings and get work done in real-time
- Co-author presentations and documents, and use whiteboards and polls to foster teamwork
we’ll be adding more content on a regular basis, so be sure to check back soon!
How can PAV help?
PAV can cut across industry jargon and vendor licensing models, and call upon our decades of experience providing our customers with excellent IT services to help your IT department juggle the competing pressures of a modern workspace.
If you’d like to hear about how we’ve helped other customers, or just give us a download of your priorities and pain points and see how we could potentially be of help, give us a call on 01273 834 000.